In the 1930s during the great depression, the amount of foreclosures and defaults rose quickly. In order to purchase a home, new lending options were needed to increase home ownership.. This is where the Federal Housing Administration filled the void and backed mortgage loans for those with little down or less than perfect credit. Learn more about what a Patriot Mortgage FHA loan can do for you.Apply Now!
Home buyers with a good credit score looking for a low down payment on their mortgage. Typically lower to moderate income individuals are able to purchase a home with this loan that otherwise they would not be able to afford.
An example of a FHA Loan is a Mortgage Loan provided by Patriot Mortgage and backed by the Federal Housing Administration. With every loan that Patriot Mortgage issues there are risks involved. Sometimes the risk can be too great and the homebuyer can be turned down. Being backed by the FHA allows Patriot Mortgage help take on additional risk in Ozaukee County and the surrounding areas. Mortgage lenders that are not backed by the FHA cannot take on the level of risk that we do. The result is that you may be able to find yourself in an affordable home in Wisconsin.
No. Patriot Mortgage Lending offers mortgages throughout the entire state of Wisconsin. We are here to help.
Anytime. It is just as important to us as it is to you that the terms are clear and understood. We will work hard to work within your time frame. Traditionally we can complete the loan process for you in 30 days or less. Please see below for how the process works:
- Education:It is important we learn about you and you learn about us. We don't stay in business by issuing predatory loans. Simply put, if you can afford a house that costs up to $120,000 and then ask for a $400,000 loan, we will be very upfront with you about it. Your success is our success. However lets say you are decent with your money but just don't make a lot. We been through it and understand. Let's say you have your eye on that $400,000 loan but perhaps today's mortgage rates are a little too steep for that. Or perhaps you could afford the payments of that loan but just can't afford a decent down payment. This might be a really good options then. If the FHA Loan is the best option for you we will continue with the application process. If not we will work with you to find the right option to get you into your dream home. Your journey begins with the loan officer.
At this point you and your loan officer have determined the FHA Loan is a great option for you. Now we have to do the official paperwork. This is not like a car loan or other types of lower dollar loans that you might have encountered in the past. Obtaining this loan is a team effort that involves paperwork, processing, underwriting and approval. We will help you with the application process. To get started just click on the "Quick Quote" on the left side of this site or just contact us and we will work together on the application. Here are the key items that we will need when we start the application process:
- Standard Personal Information such as name, phone number, email address, date of birth, etc.
- Employment Information such as where you work, how much you make, how long have you worked there, etc.
- Assets such as checking / savings info, retirement accounts, etc.
Now that the paperwork is complete it is time to get to work and get you in your new home. Here is a behind the scenes look of what happens after your application has been submitted. This is where the loan processor comes into play:
- Your application will be reviewed to ensure a smooth and efficient underwriting process. If there is something that the loan processor needs they will work with your loan officer. If there is additional information needed from you, then your loan officer will be in contact with you.
- After the loan processor has what they need, they will order a home appraisal and the title insurance binder. This is just to make sure that the value of the home is worth what you are paying for. If the home you are about to buy is worth $120,000 but being sold at $180,000 then this process is halted and your loan officer alerted and you notified. For most people this is an exciting part of the process because if your potential new home has been sold at a fair value or a value that is very much in your favor (example: home appraised at $200,000 but sold at $150,000), then the title insurance binder can be issued and off to underwriting we go.
You've been educated about the FHA Loan by your loan officer. The application has been completed. The loan processor has approved all materials needed and ordered the appraisal and title insurance binder. The appraiser has given the green light to move forward with the process. The title company has issued the title insurance binder. So what does the underwriter do?
- The underwriter is ultimately responsible for approving your loan.
- They will review your entire loan file which contains everything mentioned above.
- In addition they will check credit, capacity, and collateral.
- Upon approval of the loan the underwriter will send the loan to closing.
- Closing: It's now time to go home. To your new home that is! You are moments from the finish line. Today all parties involved make sure that all i's are dotted and all t's are crossed. It is a series of lots of paper signing, but because you have been educated in this process you already know what to expect and how this final part works. Each form that you need to sign will be reviewed with you and you have as much time as you need to ask as many questions as you would like on each form. Once the last form is signed you will get a copy of all your mortgage paperwork and the keys to your new home!